Part strategist, part dynamo. Joanie connects companies, people, and ideas. She founded PARSONS in 1992 - and has been on the go ever since.
- Superpowers: instigator, visionary, nature lover
- What I Do at Parsons: leadership, vision, brand strategy, team building
- Brands I Love: trücup low-acid coffee, Tesla, Seventh Generation, Patagonia
- Dream Car: vintage Alfa Romeo Red Convertible. With dogs in the backseat.
- First Job: tour guide at KOMO TV
- Best Vacation: hiking the Lycian Way Trail in Turkey
- Best Hike: Dolomites and Mount Blanc to the Matterhorn
- Saturday Night: entertaining, community events, great times with good friends
- Sunday Morning: coffee, walking the dogs, yoga, cycling
- Spirit Animal: dolphin
- Community Connections: GrapeVine Women / CRUSH, One Eighty Foundation, PCC Farmland Trust, Seattle Good Business Network
Part brand builder, part storyteller. Natalie brings ideas, information, and inspiration together. With a background in nonprofit management, she knows how to get the most out of limited resources and make a marketing budget beg for mercy.
- Superpowers: mother, positivity, communication
- What I Do at Parsons: project manager, brand builder, writer
- Brands I Love: Ben & Jerry’s, Warby Parker, Prana
- First Job: newspaper route
- Favorite place: Beaumaris, Ontario
- Saturday Night: cuisine themed dinner party
- Sunday Morning: coffee, attempting to make dog and rocket shaped pancakes for my boys.
- Spirit Animal: lobster
- Community Connections: Whittier Elementary School, PCC Farmland Trust
Writer & Strategist
Part maximizer, part innovator. Fluent in strategy, vision and project management, Lilah speaks your language. She excels at finding new and innovative opportunities for clients.
- Superpowers: vision, connection, strategy
- What I do at Parsons: build brands, tell stories, connect clients with opportunities
- Brands I Love: Tesla, Matt& Nat, Gabriel Cosmetics, Bose, Pixar
- Favorite Vacation: West Coast hot springs tour
- Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
- Dream Job as a Kid: Pilot
- Saturday Night: Food, friends, family, fun, wine, whiskey, wandering
- Sunday Morning: Coffee, hiking Washington forests, pushing my daughter on swings
- Spirit Animal: Cuttlefish
- Community Connections: Seattle CityClub, Citizen’s Climate Lobby, Women in Technology, Yoga Behind Bars
Part story teller, part planner, Natalia has more than 15 years of experience as a television news producer, media relations project manager, writer, and photographer. Experienced in asking the right questions, Natalia knows how to craft the best story through words and images.
- Superpowers: finding the story, telling the story, photographing the story, and whipping up a decent meal from a variety of leftovers in the fridge.
- What I do at Parsons: Media Relations, Content Strategy, Social Media
- First Job: cardboard box maker
- Brands I Love: Nikon, REI, Kari Gran
- Favorite Vacation: Taking my family to the small village in Cornwall where my mum grew up and I spent many childhood holidays, and then taking them to Gibraltar where my dad grew up.
- Favorite Author: Do I have to pick just one, Neil Gaiman (also David Mitchell) (also Jane Austen)
- Dream Job as a Kid: Swashbuckler or National Geographic photographer
- Saturday Night: Either a pub crawl through Ballard and dinner with friends, or pizza and watching a movie with my middle schooler.
- Sunday Morning: If we’re not heading to a child’s football match then it’s an early morning walk with the dogs, followed by a strong cup of black coffee, plus the New York Times or good book
Strategic Leadership Advisor
Part insight sleuth, part story-shaper, and part community-engager, Andrea’s expertise in building social media leadership platforms comes via her own career path from marketing to women expert, to writer and sustainability commentator, to climate action bridge builder. It’s *almost* indescribable, but you’ll want her on your project.
- Superpowers: I’m a connector and bridge builder, and, ironically, a guru of personal boundaries. (Let’s hear it for Essentialism)
- What I do at Parsons: help clients embrace and amplify their industry leadership
- Kitchen is for: cooking vegan meals and headbanging/dancing where my neighbors can’t see
- Music of Choice: Idles Band (see below my KEXP passion)
- Favorite place: Tofino, British Columbia
- Weekends: lots of tea, several dog walks, a bike ride, yard work and a book.
- Spirit Animal: owl
- Community Connections: KEXP (fanatical volunteer), Pasado’s Safe Haven
Part event planner, part office DJ. Maddy uses her social media skills and dynamic strategies to help clients reach their target audience to rock engagement.
- Superpowers: organizing, planning, office DJ
- What I do at Parsons: community building, social media strategy, connecting clients with target audiences
- Brands I Love: Miir, Frankie & Jo’s, GT’s
- Music of Choice: Cold War Kids and Odesza
- First Job: nanny
- Best Vacation: exploring Copenhagen with my best friend
- Saturday Night: a local brewery, friends and tacos
- Sunday Morning: espresso and a local farmers market
- Spirit Animal: wildcat
Part wordsmith, part Energizer bunny. Hannah uses her creativity and social know-how to think outside the box and generate news-worthy stories.
- Superpowers: positivity, creativity, adaptability
- What I do at Parsons: media relations, social media marketing
- Brands I Love: Adidas, Theo’s Chocolate, Pagliacci Pizza
- Music of Choice: Tame Impala, Gorillaz
- First Job: lifeguard at a beach club
- Favorite Vacation: St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin
- Saturday Night: any sports game, beer, friends
- Sunday Morning: a giant cinnamon roll and The Office
- Spirit Animal: otter
Jake & Jasper
Gregarious greeters, accomplished nappers and vocal champions of regular meal times, the boys bring a smile to our faces and hair to our black pants.
- Superpowers: barking, napping, squirrel detection
- What We do at Parsons: reception, employee wellness, barketing strategy
- Brands We Love: Purina, Chuck-It, Everlast Squeaky Toys
- Music of Choice: Three Dog Night, Snoop Dog, Cat Stevens
- Last Vacation: Opera Camp
- Guilty Pleasure: tearing out all the stuffing to get to the squeaker
- Saturday Night: watching the first 10 minutes of a movie and then falling asleep
- Sunday Morning: Green Lake
- Spirit Animal: golden retriever
- Community Connections: UPS drivers, dog walkers, Humane Society, PAWS